Sunday, August 3, 2008

鴨川セミナーハウス:2週間/ Kamogawa Seminar House: 2 Weeks (9)

7/21

Went jogging again with Mr. Awkward this morning. For the sake of optimizing my run, he’s probably not the best partner, being as laughing and joking tends to disrupt my breathing, but I’d rather spend the morning with him and sacrifice stamina for conversation instead of jogging with someone who probably doesn’t even like me all that well and doesn’t talk to me because she’s half a mile behind me.

Mr. Awkward is a funny guy. Awkward, but funny.


First day of the new workshops. The so-called “discussion” workshop.

My ASS.

What they really mean by "discussion" is that you get to *discuss* what you want to write your speech about. Might just as well have taken the speech class and stayed with Harada-sensei. At least I could understand what the hell she was saying.

I like Swan-sensei, but she seems to be both talking waaaaay faster than everyone else, and she has some kind of accent or quirk of pronunciation because 70% of what she says just goes right over my head. And while I'll be the first to admit that my listening sucks in a huge way, that kind of lack of comprehension really doesn’t happen to me all that often, and never in the class room.

I am sooo fucked.

But there's not much to be done about that. Hopefully it will get better in the next few days.

I’ve found that, working out every morning, I end up having to wash my clothes more than once a week. Of course, can’t find 100 yen coins to save my life.

But now I’m just whining. After I eventually did start a load of laundry (successfully this time, though I still don’t understand why the instructions say, quite clearly, push the “shower” button, and don’t put your clothes in right away. Whatever. I just end up waiting for a while so the water fills up a bit) and it went through fine. Dry doesn't work worth crap, though.

Anyway, during the period while I was waiting for my clothes to finish, I hung out with Mr. Awkward. He told me about his family life growing up and we wandered around a bit, occasionally stopping to find a USB hook-up or this or that. He shared a few of his favorite songs with me, including one that I've concluded is the best thing since sliced bread: “Delorian”, by Atomica. He even gave me the mp3, which will keep me entertained for quite a while.

YAY. Musics.

Also, someone special sent me a special letter…tehehehehe….

No comments: