Wednesday, July 30, 2008

鴨川セミナーハウス:2週間/ Kamogawa Seminar House: 2 Weeks (8)...

7/20

Holy shit did I have weird dreams last night. They were a series of odd little mini-dreams, most of which I don’t remember, but the strangest thing by far was that, at some point during the night, I woke up to the sound of one of my roommates shifting in bed, and then a woman’s voice speaking a bunch of Japanese in kind of a “come hither” tone. I couldn’t understand most of it, but I did hear, clear as day, “貴方、食べるよ~” WTF???? I lay totally still and just listened, waiting for it to continue, but there was no more.

I swear I heard it, very clearly and very loudly, but it didn’t sound like my roommates’ voices, and I sure as hell hope it wasn’t mine. I asked them later, and they didn’t hear anything unusual besides maybe the people upstairs being noisy late into the night, so I can pretty safely conflude it was just in my head, because I was just waking up as I heard it, but still…

Creepy.

“I’m going to eat you~~”

*shudder*

My morning workout today was a combination of TKB moves and later some strength exercises, all while listening to “Praan” and +5 speed, which was pretty awesome. Luckily no one came buy to see me do my goofy round-houses and upper-cuts.

Today was our field trip to Kamogawa SeaWorld, which I was kind of hesitant to go to because I really don’t care much for all that, having been to SeaWorld many times in the US, but my need to do something recreational outweighed my indifference, so I went.

We ended up missing the first courtesy bus to the park, and then being squeezed into the second one like sardines. Some people said that it still wasn’t as bad as some of the subways, so…yay.

The park was pretty nice – many times smaller than the US SeaWorld, but it had three large stadiums for Orca, Dolphin, and Sea Lion shows, all of which were very well put together and very entertaining.

One of the more interesting things I saw was a たこせんべい stand, where a little old man and his wife were making - I kid you not – flattened octopus cracker-wiefer thingies. He took raw octopus, put them in some kind of flour, and then flattened them with this steam presser-cooker. The result was a large sheet of octopus, kind of like those fried cheese sheets they serve at fancy restaurants, except with the impression of tentacles and suckers. Mun-san bought one, and so I tried a piece of it and it tasted more or less like friend cheese, but a little sweeter. Cool.

One bad thing: more 和式トイレ…

No comments: