Saturday, August 16, 2008

東京⑤

7/31

This 9-6pm schedule is really draining. I will say that there is one teacher (Kobayashi-sensei)who keeps me awake and day-dream free for 2-3hours of workshop daily - she's a really quirky older woman who is just so sweet and enthusiastic about her class that I can't help but pay attention and involve myself. Still, getting out at 6pm means that I have less than 3 hours to explore Tokyo before everything starts to close down (earlier for many street vendors).

Because its Thursday and I have Homestay tomorrow, I'm gonna do the one thing I've really wanted to do since we arrived in Tokyo and I discovered its existence via WikiTravel: Condomania.

What? You thought I was going to visit a shrine or some shit??

For the sake of mixed readership, I will only comment on my motivation as being...well, I suppose there's really no need to comment; you people are smart enough to figure that out.

Anyway, Condomania is exactly what you think it is -



But the intersting part, as you might be able to tell, is that its not exactly in a discreet location.

No, this little gem is located right on the corner at the intersection of Omotesando-doori and Meiji-doori, directly in sight of all the major upscale, fashion centers like Laforet and the Gap. Totally shameless.

I love it =)

No comments: